We are an Original Zombie Apocalypse Survival RPG Forum!

"THE GRAY DEATH" - a deadly zombie-creating fungus - has spread across the world, killing nearly 90% of the population and reanimating many of their corpses. The remaining people have been forced to survive on the remnants of a desecrated land. Survivors fight each day to stave off ravenous zombies, deadly fungus, and war-mongering forces seeking their demise.

You must be 18+ to join!
Register with your player name first in ALL CAPS!

Tags and PMs Only!

Jenna Townsend
Played by Sato

James Devlin
Played by Ram

Graverobber - GM
Sato - Admin
Caitlin - Info Mod
Ram - Stat Mod

Sidebar: Dana Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D

Affiliate with us!

Warlands RPG-D Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Modern Nights

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED image image Supernatural Cyberpunk Forum wdgtd The Supernatural Life RPG ACADEMY X image image image image

Check out our Whiteboard! Check out our Playlist!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  
GRAVEROBBER -- New comers - please make sure you're reading the rules and registering with your player name first! Visit our discord or PM me if you have any questions. Thx.
SATO -- I'll be around for posting again now if anyone wants to plot!
SATO -- Well the ol' laptop is working again for now, but we're shopping around to find a new one yet!
SATO -- I know. I'm pretty ticked about it too. We're hitting up Best Buy soon so I'll be back in full once a new one is purchased.
RAM -- That's shit. Sorry to hear that, Sato. Hope to have you back, soon!
SATO -- Sorry for my absence - my laptop is officially dead. :(
GRAVEROBBER -- Welcome to the site, Stark!
STARK -- Thanks Sato, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
SATO -- Welcome, Stark!
CAITLIN -- Happy New Year, guys and gals!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Nav Ghost in the Crowd
William Hennessey
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 02:23 PM

Otep
Ex-Ranger
Independent
N/A
Member Inventory: View

June 8th 2019

William spend the morning trying to remember what Red, no... Baylock, said the night prior. His mind wasn't buzzing nearly as loud today. One thought he couldn't shake however was meeting the mayor. She knew all of the original members of Haven; she just had to know Dante.

He smiled slightly, He remembered the first time the instructors in Ranger school linked them up. Dante had one of those fake looking Pepsodent smiles you would see in old films and commercials. His humor is what made William laugh out loud though.

This guy would make the crudest, twisted jokes. Dead Baby jokes where his specialty, and William couldn't believe how many of the damned jokes Dante knew...

William quickly rolled up his sleeping bad and placed it in it's stuff sack, leaving it in the small tent that R... Baylock gave him. He stepped outside and made sure the tent pegs where firmly placed in the ground. There where no signs of them moving or giving the thin nylon straps any slack.

Good. he thought to himself.

He packed the rest of the supplies into his Rucksack and threw it over his shoulder. Even though he had a good feeling about this place, He didn't trust that one ass hole to come by and take his shit. There was always at least one dirt bag...

William pulled out his knife, and lightly kissed the polished blade. The blade had seen more then it's fair share of use but the engraving was still clear as day.

"B Co. 2nd Ranger BN (A)
By The Numbers"

The knife was one part good luck charm and one part security blanket. The luck seemed to run out every and then but he was still alive so that was good enough for him. William quickly ran the blade over his pants leg to wipe the oils from his skin off the blade. The blade returned home to the leather sheath and clipped the small metal push clasp shut. He glanced over the map Baylock gave him and plotted the most direct course to the mayors home.

"Hold on Dante, Daddy's commin' home"

William finally arrived at the rather impressive home, more of a mansion really. He wanted to meet with the mayor but he couldn't shake that look when Baylock looked across the way to the memorial to the fallen. She certainly knew loss but hhow much did this place lose?

He stopped short of the doorway, as much as he wondered how many people where lost, he didn't have time for this. William sighed softly to,himself and continued towards the Mayor's office in hopes she was available to see him.

He racked his brain for a long moment as he continued walking:

What the fuck was her name again?

--------------------
user posted image Spotlight Winner!
PM
^
Serra Kendricks
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 01:01 PM

Fresh Meat
Sato
Haven Mayor
Haven

Handing off the reports to the Commander, Serra eyed him with a mix of contempt and something very close to rage. Working with him had been a nightmare from the start, but the longer this plague went on, the worse it got. The home she'd come to love was being torn apart, and every time she tried to help those inhabiting it, there was one more thing - on top of a pile of horrible things - that kept Haven from thriving.

"Eef it keeps the Gray out of my city, Ee'll do whatever eet takes. You let them know that, too." Leaving the papers in Hector's hands, Serra returned to her desk to stamp the rest of the mess left to her to finalize while the CO gave her a piece of his own mind. Since her husband left her - ran away to the safety of the west coast, more like - she had been running Haven in his wake.

Her prior charities hadn't dared suffer under her watch, but the Italian beauty was now swimming in even more of them. Everyone within her city needed something, and it was her responsibility now to make sure they got it - regardless of what it cost her. Sending more soldiers out to scavenge for things within the overrun cities wasn't something she had wanted, and she butted heads with the Commander of the military over it time and time again.

To say she was up to her ears in debt to him, and unhappy about the missions he constantly ran, was an understatement. Tucking the rest of her things into a briefcase, Serra pushed passed the towering military brute and showed him the way out - practically kicking him out of her office for the second time that week. It was better for both of them that he wasn't around her when she was this heated. There was no telling what either of them might do.

Locking up her office, she headed in the opposite direction than the Commander, and very nearly ran into an unknown man at the end of the hall. There were very few faces she didn't recognize within her city limits, and so she deduced this was one of the Commander's newest recruits. "Pardon me, sir. E didn't see you there. Can I a help you finda something?"
PM Email
^
William Hennessey
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 08:29 PM

Otep
Ex-Ranger
Independent
N/A

He looked back at the woman, her brown hair looked very maintained despite the fact they where in the middle of something right out of the book of revelations. William continued down the hall to close the distance between the two of them before speaking.

"Actually, I'm here to try and get a moment of the Mayor's time. Been trying to hunt down an old friend of mine Dante...

Oh shit, fuck! I mean... I'm sorry for the profanity ma'am, I'm William Hennessey."

William never really liked to speak to civilians, with all the special snow flakes and anti military types he just felt like an alien trying to speaking to them. With military types, he didn't feel the need to watch his behavior or even to watch his tongue.

William glanced over the heavily accented voice. She was absolutely gorgeous! He slipped his beanie off his head and cleared his throat softly. He shifted his weight slightly as he stood in front of the woman. First Baylock, now this woman; Was there a single ugly girl here?!

He shook his head slightly, it was probably just he hadn't gotten laid in a LONG time. He had had deployment goggles on before but this place was starting to get to the point of ridiculous....

William made a mental note to ask Dante about the women here. He was always a lady's man so he would have a better idea of his perspectives where screwed up or not. Hell, come to think of it, William could only remember one night where Dante didn't check into a hotel with a woman after a night of drinking. Even then, that was the night he got into the bar fight with those damn skin heads!

William smiled slightly, it would be nice to have a good wing man again. Hell, Dante was one hell of a soldier, a great joker and the man you wanted to have your back in a tight situation.

Damn, William didn't even realize how much he missed that jack ass....

--------------------
PM
^
Serra Kendricks
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 09:44 PM

Fresh Meat
Sato
Haven Mayor
Haven

Though heated over her meeting with Commander Blackwood, Mayor Kendricks put all that anger away the moment she was introduced to someone who didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of her ire. In her pencil skirt and fitted blouse, she looked like she was part of the political or corporate world her husband had belonged to before the fall of civilization beyond the fence - regardless of how much she was itching to put on pants and get her hands dirty.

"Signore Hennessey." She gave the man before her a nod and offered him her full attention when he informed her that he'd been hoping to speak with the mayor. Some new comers didn't know the town was led by a woman - well, politically overseen at the least, as Commander Blackwood was often seen as the 'supreme ruler' by others. Tucking her papers under her arm, she offered him a free hand to shake.

"I am Mayor Kendricks. Please, a call me Serra." She wasn't really the mayor after all - that was just what all of the remaining townsfolk had called her, and the incoming survivors picked it up as well. Her husband had won the election by a landslide, and she'd simply picked up where he left off when he ran for the hills with the others seeking sanctuary to the west.

"Are you talking about a Dante Reynolds, perchance?" Serra knew everyone in Haven before the fall, and there were honestly only a handful within the city limits now that she couldn't put a name to. This man was among them, though now that wouldn't be the case. "A um, he was tall, yes? Dark skin, very boisterous."

If she was thinking of the right person, then the unsteady rhythm her heart made as it slowly slid down into her stomach wasn't an easy one to swallow. If this was one of Dante's old war buddies come searching for him, then it would be her very terrible burden to break the bad news. By the looks of the man before her, she wasn't sure just how well he'd take it. "Have you come a long way looking?"
PM Email
^
William Hennessey
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 02:03 AM

Otep
Ex-Ranger
Independent
N/A

William felt his face turn red for a moment, he hated how much he had to,admit his memory wasn't the greatest any more.

"My apologies ma'am, I mean Sarra, I knew you where a woman but I never caught a glance of you before now and I couldn't recall your name to save my life..."

William could feel the smile damn near rip his face apart when she described his old friend. FINALLY! someone who knew Dante! That sneaky son of a bitch was here after all...

"Yes ma'am that's him, twisted sense of humor, a scar on his face from a good bar fight back in Florida." William could still see those skin heads after they got through with them! William chuckled slightly remembering bloody mess they made before hauling ass away from the bar. They both messed up their hands pretty good but it was well worth it. All that N this, N that, what the fuck did they expect to happen?

He cleared his throat for a moment, trying to stall for time more then,anything else... Where did he start this journey? Was it Los Angeles or Vegas? It was defiant Los Angeles, he was down on skid row when this whole apocalypse thing went down...

"I started back in California, Los Angeles to be exact. But hell or high water wouldn't stop me from finding Dante! We lost contact a few years back and when this whole apocalypse thing started to go down, I knew I needed to find some loyal friends quickly to try and survive this hot mess."

Had he really traveled that far? Even taking all the beaten paths way off the grid, it didn't feel like he traveled that sort of distance. Who the hell was he kidding, it was a fucking FAR hike with lots of stops to get high and drunk or what ever baggage he picked up along the way.

--------------------
PM
^
Serra Kendricks
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 10:32 AM

Fresh Meat
Sato
Haven Mayor
Haven

The more he spoke of his long, lost friend, the more dire Serra's heart sang in her chest. She had seen more loss in this last year than all her life - but the man William spoke of wasn't to be named among them. Not those that died due to the plague, nor perished in the fire bombs their own government dropped upon the cities, nor even lost to the wilds in a panicked escape to flee civilization altogether.

"I am glad you have come to make it to Haven, William." Her soft smile was all the real comfort she could offer him, because she didn't know for certain if he was safe here or not. Far safer than beyond the electric fence and armed posts they hosted around their perimeter - but not completely immune to all forms of harm. Much like his friend had been - much like many before the apocalypse had been.

"Perhaps this is something we should discuss in my office." Turning a bit, she motioned towards the door she had just left. Pulling the keys out of her purse, she slide the right one into the hole and unlocked the room where her husband had once held office. It was a larger space than most, with dark wood and fairly expensive furnishings - now all layered in paperwork since computers weren't as reliable as they used to be.

It still smelled like the herbal tea she'd made earlier, and a touch of the perfume she wore still - even if she no longer had a man in her life she wanted to impress. Welcoming William into the office, she shifted a box of kleenex on her desk and took a seat in one of the two chairs in front of her desk. "William, I am afraid I have some bad news."

Waiting to see if he'd take a seat or remain standing, Serra set down her brief case and smoothed a hand through her long, coffee-black hair - as though that simple motion alone could soothe her nerves. Folding her hands in her lap, she looked to the man before her with sympathy in her eyes. "Dante died in a car accident last summer during the 4th of July celebration."
PM Email
^
William Hennessey
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 03:36 PM

Otep
Ex-Ranger
Independent
N/A

William nodded when she spoke about her being happy he arrived, then things turned for the worst.

"Perhaps this is something we should discuss in my office." William's jaw clenched tight, his hands tightened into white knuckled fists around his beanie he held at his waist. No, no, no, NO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING RIGHT FUCKING NOW! He himself used a very similar tactic to inform others within the unit of their friends untimely demise.

The door closed behind them: Cut them off from the public, try to block the noise you know is coming.... Anguish.

If William wasn't so focused on the situation, he would have laughed abd remarked about the last time he had a good cup of tea with the Brits in Iraq. That, however, wasn't the case...

She offered him a seat, he took it: they both knew this sort of news had a tendency to snapping the knees of much stronger people...

"William, I am afraid I have some bad news...."

Here it comes, William didn't even realize he had been holding his breath since he sat down. His pounding heart in his ears was all he could hear, all he wanted to hear.

No, this had to be one of Dante's sick and twisted jokes! Yeah, that sneaky stupid son of a bitch! William quickly thought of seven ways he would make his ass for all of this bull shit.

The woman's voice cut him to the very core, he knew she tried to dull the edge but it still made William drop his head.

"Dante died in a car accident last summer during the 4th of July celebration..."

William could taste that oh so familiar coppery hot liquid in his mouth. He started to bite his cheek and didn't realize it. He slammed his eyes shut to try and keep the tears from forming. That didn't work and he knew it, but he still had to try. He finally let out a shakey exhale, that kind you hear when your watching some one fighting tears and sobbing.

And losing badly.

William looked up at the woman. As dry and emotionless ad he could manage he said one thing...

"Where is he buried."

--------------------
PM
^
Serra Kendricks
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 04:10 PM

Fresh Meat
Sato
Haven Mayor
Haven

Serra truly wished there was something more she could do for the man. It was never easy - seeing strong men break when the emotionally devastating news of a loved one or companion came out of the blue. She'd faced her share of famine, war, poverty, and loss - and it never got any easier to deal with. No number of charities had ever been enough to stop the sorrow from spreading fully, even if she refused to give up.

She hadn't known Dante personally, but could still recall the funeral held for him. It was one of the last civilian casualties they had that didn't involve the plague the world was now consumed by. His was the last body they'd buried before cremation had become essential to saving those who still lived. Waiting for William to collect himself, she swallowed hard at the memory of her last visit to the graveyard.

"Shadow Mountain Cemetery at the end of Mountain Drive." It was one of the last untouched pieces of land within Haven's fence line that the survivors hadn't been able to utilize - and it would stay that way, too. Now there was the Memorial Room downstairs, and ribbons tied to trees at the cemetery to commemorate the dead and remind the living what they were fighting for. "I can drive you up there, if you like. Show you where he lays at rest now."

At rest - something living would never know now that the world had crumbled down around them. With the threat of the plague looming at their doorsteps, supply shortages, marauders, and more - only the dead would know what it was to rest. The living would mourn and continue fighting while those who had already burned through their life's spark would have to wait on the other side of whatever veil separated them from their loved ones.

Plucking a pair of tissues from the kleenex box, Serra leaned forward and slid them into his calloused hands, and met his eyes. Her Audi was outside, keys in her person, and to hell with the personal detail the Commander put on her. They could follow if they wanted. The very least she could do is take ten minutes of her time to make sure one of their newest citizens got closure. Grieving was something they all needed now.
PM Email
^
William Hennessey
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 02:08 PM

Otep
Ex-Ranger
Independent
N/A

William sat for a long moment with his mind in a downward spiral.

Dante...

His mind went back to the last moment he spent with him: The bar fight back in Florida.

They sat in a dive bar. It was close enough to the base that a cab wouldn't be nearly as expensive as it should of been when they decided to call it a night. William babied several whisky sours over the last few hours and was sitting on that perfect balance of drunk and heavily buzzed. Dante was throwing back blue Hawaiians like it was going out of style.

"Yo, Dante! What the fuck is up with the chick drinks? Did you grow a god damn pussy when I wasn't looking?" William chuckled slightly.

Dante smiled his damn near trade mark Pepsodent shit eating grin. "When I walk over to that girl over there and offer to buy her this drink, I can almost guarantee I'll catch a phone number or two by the time we pop smoke!"

William glanced,over towards the woman, she was pretty. Long black hair and curves in all the right places. Dante started to casually walk over and strike up a conversation, William couldn't help but laugh. The man was like Rico Suave when he wanted to be. Over a few booths, two men with shaved heads stood up in a hurry and made a bee line towards Dante.

Shit...

William quickly placed his drink on the bar top and made a half circle around the edge of the bar. All the while he could hear the two men talking about how they where buying the girl drinks all night so they "claimed" her. Seriously? They started to call him n... You get the point.

Dante just lost it. He started throwing punches like a raving lunatic catching one of then off guard. Just as William started to charge towards them, the other akin head broke a beer bottle and swung widely towards Dante clipping his cheek from cheek bone nearly down to the chin.

William proceeded to beat the ever living shit out of the bottle wielding idiot. It took five men to tear Dante and William off of their would be attackers. After the fight was over, the two of them hauled ass out of there!

When the finally arrived on base, they hit up a medic buddy and quickly patched up Dante's face. It would heal but it would leave a nasty looking scar.

"Hey Hennessey, thanks for jumping in. If you need anything, hit me up! I'm thinking of getting the hell out of the army and heading back home to Haven when my contract is up..." Dante wasn't much of the sentiment type so William listened closely.

"You need a bed, a bolt hole, what ever, I got you man."

William grinned after throwing back the rest of his beer. "That's Sergeant god damn it bro..." They both laughed at that remark.

Reality came rushing back to william as a few Kleenex where placed in his hand. He didn't notice the tears beqding down his cheeks and quickly wiped them away.

"Ma'am. You've helped enough as is... But if you could help me out I could never repay that debt...." He looked they mayor square in the eye as he tried to,hold back the next round of tears and sobbing.

--------------------
PM
^
Serra Kendricks
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 09:20 PM

Fresh Meat
Sato
Haven Mayor
Haven

"It would be my honor." Serra replied - watching his eyes shift from something akin to a memory to the present. She could only imagine what was going through his head, but as his eyes filled with unshed tears, she knew she had to help. Dante had meant something great to him, and the least she could do was help him reconnect somehow - even if it was a grave and a headstone with some honorable quip or Bible verse set upon it's stone surface.

Rising to her lean height in the tall heels she wore, Serra plucked her brief case off the floor and waited for William to collect himself enough to follow her. Locking her office once more, she led the way down to her brand new, black Audi waiting out front of the town hall building. It'd been the last gift her husband had ever given her - just before news of the outbreak had him running for the hills. She bore it with no ill will, though it had been hard to swallow for many months.

Unlocking it with the click of her fob, she got in and made sure William was situated before buckling up, starting the engine, and pulling out of her husband's old designated parking spot. Given all she did for the booming city, no one ever said a word about her taking the spot - after all, they likely wouldn't be in the productive shape they were in without her, even if she gave most of that credit to others.

Driving off through the packed city, Serra turned on the AC and let the gentle tunes of their only radio station fill the air comfortably. The graveyard wasn't too far away, after all, so idle chat might have just agitated him instead of relieved him. Pulling up to the wooden gates, she drove on through and tried to navigate the newer sections - even if they didn't bury many folks these days.

Parking near the section of the lot where several military folks had been buried - those without family or had served and requested the lots, that is - Serra parked and turned the car off before getting out. She didn't intend on intruding, so she pointed towards the plot she recalled Dante being buried. "Right up the slight hill is where he's at rest. I'll wait for you, William, so please take your time."
PM Email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by brittanique of RPG'D