Copy the Following Code
- To add your Thread, copy the following code, fill it out, and post it below.
|Year - Month - Day - [url=link]Thread Title[/url] (Characters Involved)|
The Start of the Outbreak
- April 1st, 2018 - First account of the fungus was reportedly found in a village in Brazil. Many of the infected people were flown to Brasilia (the capitol of Brazil) to be treated. This made headlines across the globe, though because of the coinciding date, no one took it seriously. Even Snopes ran an article debunking the findings. Oh how wrong they were...
- April 10th, 2018 - The entire village was bombed after the infected went mad and started going on a deadly frenzy - biting and eating anyone in sight. Very few reports of this event were even heard of because many "Save the Rainforest" organizations wanted it kept on the down-low to keep their funding secure.
- July 4th, 2018 - The first account of "The Gray Death" is recorded in San Antonio, Texas. Because of it's coinciding date, the coverage was lost in the news behind the "Largest Fireworks Display in History" as they sought to reach the Guinness Book of World Records. A celebrity chef did a segment on a lovely mushroom souffle the next day as a joke about the fungus rumors. Mm, tasty death.
- August, 2018 - A mock vaccine is created by one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world - promising safety from the "Jungle Virus". Few partake at first, but millions will be scrambling for it later - never knowing it was all a hoax to make money before the end of days. Many who did get the shot became sick and weak. Some died. Others, lost their minds and became practically rabid - resulting in "fast zombies" when the fungus claimed their lives.
- August 18th, 2018 - The first reports of the fungal spread are reported in Europe, China, and Africa. They begin locking down their cities and a full decontamination and quarantine are in effect. Africa is lost by the end of the month, China the next month after. There are rumored to be few towns that have survived.
- August 29, 2018 - Washington, DC announces a full state of alert as a staggering percentage of the populous is now infected with the deadly fungus, and there is no cure in sight. People are ordered to remain in their homes and call 911 if an infection is found. Many believed this to be a hoax to set off some political scandal, and so most of the populace was ill-prepared.
- September 9th, 2018 - The infection has spread to the east coast and central states. People flee to Canada and the West Coast, taking the first boats and planes out of every city and town possible. The President and his staff leave for Hawaii. GOARN (Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network) is set into place, but many fear it is already too late to contain the spread.
- September 25th, 2018 - Hector Blackwood and his team lead nearly six thousand survivors and military personnel into the mountains from Denver. They find a home in Haven and begin to set up the perimeter. An electric fence, sniper nests, and more go up to help protect the city from raiders and zombies alike.
- October 1st, 2018 - Judgement Day - Several major cities across the globe are carpet bombed in order to prevent the spread - including Denver. Millions died. Millions rose as the undead. Survivors continued to flee, while others remain and await their horrible end.